Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reading

Have you ever tried to teach a child to read? I have been discovering how rewarding and fun it is to finally see a child "get it." My sweet kinder daugther has been on and off again trying to read for the past year. We had to give it a break a few times since not only daughter was getting frustrated but mommy as well. I am so glad we persevered after the 3rd time. It's amazing to see this puzzle coming together. Our first child, Jayden, went to public school in kindergarten and a classical christian school for 1st grade. Last year, his 2nd grade year, we decided to home school after the christian school closed for financial difficulties. I didn't get the pleasure of teaching him but it was awesome then to see how it all came together. He loves reading any free second he has or can sneak in. Since hubby and I are such avid readers, it's such a joy to see our kids loving it as much as we do. This time around, I'm the one teaching my daughter how to read and it's so exciting! I'm not sure which one of us is more excited about it but she is working hard and it is finally starting to pay off!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------