Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It's not often that I thank God for the struggles, failures, disappointments, hurts and difficulties in my life. As I have been reflecting today on what I am truly thankful for, I was reminded that the struggles I have had to deal with this past year have only brought me closer to the Lord Jesus. I had a choice to make and that choice was either to run away and give up or to press on and say help me Lord Jesus. I can't possibly do this on my own. I have no one else to see me through this.

A while ago I decided I needed to share with others about my struggle with depression, anger, and bitterness. Amazingly enough, after I began opening up, others shared they were dealing with the same struggles and felt so ashamed and didn't feel they could talk about it. Not only has my pain drawn me closer to Jesus, it's also been an encouragement to other young mom's who desperately need to know they are not alone.

So today I am thanking God for so many wonderful blessings but also thanking him that he gives us just what we need to help us draw nearer to him.

Have a wonderful day celebrating this Thanksgiving with family and friends!