Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wounds of the Heart

Why do I continuously go back to those old wounds, re-opening them and causing them to bleed again? At the moment it feels so good and right to go back there and revisit. As soon as I go back, I regret it. The pain and hurt all come back like a flood, not only for me but for my loving husband. He has to bear the brunt of the wound. Having thought it was buried and long forgotten, he has to revisit it along with me. Where does this flow from?

I can't seem to stop once the wound is open. It's painful and it hurts. I feel alone...desperately alone. Someone, anyone, come rescue me. Take me from this painful place so I don't have to face this once again.

Tender and loving, he puts his hand to my cheek, looks deep in my eyes and tells me he loves me. I feel it and I begin to soften. Little by little, the anger and hurt close up.

Jesus, please take this from me and close this wound.

Thank you Jesus!